One of the most common problems reported to plumbers by homeowners is when a dishwasher won’t drain.
While it can be scary to open the dishwasher door and see standing water at the bottom, it isn’t always a plumbing emergency. In fact, you may be able to correct the problem yourself without professional help. If draining your dishwasher is an issue, here are eight simple techniques to try at home.
- Run the disposal
- Check for blockages
- Load the dishwasher correctly
- Clean or change the filter
- Inspect the drain hose
- Double-check the drain valve
- Try vinegar and baking soda
- Listen to your machine while it’s running
To read the full article, click here.