Just getting started on your home buying journey? While it’s important to create your team of professionals (including your agent and your lender) and figure out your budget, you can get a head start on your home search by getting familiar with neighborhoods and areas. When you think about your next home, here are a few questions to consider:
- What type of home would be your ideal? Single family, town home, patio home, condo?
- Are you looking for close proximity to shops and restaurants?
- Do you need to commute to work? Will you take public transportation, and do you need to be near that?
- Are you searching for a particular school district? How close do you want to live to the schools?
- Do you want a neighborhood or are you looking for more privacy?
- How do you feel about yard maintenance? How much yard is too much?
- What community amenities would appeal to you?
- Do you want to be near water? What kind of view would you like?
- Are you looking for a more urban setting? Would the condo life best suit your needs?
- Does it matter to you which direction your home is facing?
As you dig into your needs, wants, and must-haves, your targeted areas for your home search will become clearer. You can take a look at communities on our site here. You can search for homes here, and save your searches or any individual homes that you are interested in. We’ve also created some short cut searches to make it even easier for you to get started:
Once you’ve narrowed your search to a particular area or neighborhoods, your agent can set you up to receive email updates on home sale activity there. Knowing how often homes are coming available, as well as how quickly homes are going under contract will be helpful to you as you choose your next home.